Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pumpkin Patch





If you can recall last year's post about our trip to the pumpkin patch, you remember that my children's concept of a pumpkin patch is a giant bounce house in the Kohl's parking lot. Not exactly what I, kindergarten teacher extraordinaire, want for my kiddos. This year I was determined to drive their little behinds to a real life pumpkin patch with dirt and all. Last week that was. This week I had the privilege of taking my kinders on a field trip to one of them real patches and you see, I really didn't feel like going again. It's kinda dusty and I have allergies and petting zoos sorta give me the heebie jeebies. With Jeremy and I working opposite schedules these days I thought it would be the PERFECT opportunity for him to spend some quality time with the boys. So, he invited his dad and they headed out for Live Oak pumpkin patch. Pumpkins on the vine, petting zoo and a castle built out of hay. Now that's what I had in mind. And of course everyone was happy, even without the bouncers. (me too)!!!!!!






7 comments:

King Family said...

Ah! Cute pics. We are taking the girls tomorrow.

Annie said...

That is so true..right.. Brookie thinks all pumpkin patches have pony rides and bouncies...
Love that they went to a real one..

Shan said...

how fun...we took kaia to that one when she was 1 i think. were there animals there to pet? anyways, if not, it looks familiar.
i know what you mean...the pumpkin patch is fun, but one time is enough per year :).
let's hang out soon.~s

Tim and Lisa said...

I didn't think pumpkin patches exsisted without bounce house's anymore! Looks like the kids had fun!

Summer said...

Looks like they had a good time with daddy! I need to get my rear in gear and take my kids to the pumpkin patch. Congrats on your 7 year anniversary! We just had our 9th on Sept. 24!

Devon said...

So fun-- I miss going to the pumpkin patch. Now you can just go to Fresh 'n' Easy and buy your pumpkin for $2.99. But it just ain't the same...

Emily said...

Very fun Heather! i hope you have a fun Halloween.... I will hopefully catch up with you before then.