Pronounced "mee-mees." I feel a bit guilty journaling about our lives without mentioning this ever present member of our family. Well, sort-of. She is a cuddly blanket type thingy with a lamb head. Sounds like no big deal, but I am telling you-I do believe that there are many days when Derek prefers her to the rest of us. Think Linus and his blankie- peanut butter and jelly. If it were up to him, he'd take her everywhere. The market, the park, even the bathroom if we let him. Anyhow, now you've met. So if we have a play date or something prepare for 3- Gavin, Derek, and a reasonably well behaved bodyless farm animal....
Friday, September 26, 2008
Posted by HeatherC at 8:43 PM
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Monday night Jeremy and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary. It actually seems like so many more than that. As most of you know, we met in middle school. I was 12 and he was 13! Although we didn't date back then we can certainly say we've been friends for almost as far back as we can remember. Those of you who knew jeremy back then probably have a hard time remembering that he is the same guy from back then. He is such a wonderful husband and father. Here are my favorite things about Jeremy and my marriage to him.
1) He always tells me how beautiful I look even when I'm fat and cranky. (I'm vain, what can I say)?
2) He makes me feel safe.
3) He held me while I screamed in agony for HOURS after I lost our 2nd baby even though I was huddled in the corner of our room with blankets over my head like a crazy woman and he never once complained or told me how to feel.
4) He works so hard to support us- he even took on a second job when we needed it without any grumbling.
5) He plays endlessly with the boys and is their absolute hero.
6) He understands my need for me time.
7) He is totally silly and is kind of goofy- he makes me laugh all the time.
8) He can cook like a super star- I just need to figure out how to get him to do it more often!
9) He is a hopeless romantic.
I love you Jeremy and am SO blessed that you are mine. Happy Anniversary!
Posted by HeatherC at 8:42 PM
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Posted by HeatherC at 8:36 PM
Monday the boys and I had such a fun afternoon at Chick-fil-a. They were running a promotion where if you wore football logos they would give you free lunch. So the boys got decked out in their Chargers gear and I threw on one of Jeremy's Giants hats and off we went. Lunch was really good and Gavin and I were completely entertained by Derek's imitation of the guy dancing in the Chick-fil-a cow costume. Everyone in the whole place was wearing Chargers or Raiders except for me.Even so, I only got heckled once about my hat and although it was by a Raider's fan, she was only about 8 so I wasn't too worried. :)
Posted by HeatherC at 8:27 PM