Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Seven Years!


Monday night Jeremy and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary. It actually seems like so many more than that. As most of you know, we met in middle school. I was 12 and he was 13! Although we didn't date back then we can certainly say we've been friends for almost as far back as we can remember. Those of you who knew jeremy back then probably have a hard time remembering that he is the same guy from back then. He is such a wonderful husband and father. Here are my favorite things about Jeremy and my marriage to him.
1) He always tells me how beautiful I look even when I'm fat and cranky. (I'm vain, what can I say)?
2) He makes me feel safe.
3) He held me while I screamed in agony for HOURS after I lost our 2nd baby even though I was huddled in the corner of our room with blankets over my head like a crazy woman and he never once complained or told me how to feel.
4) He works so hard to support us- he even took on a second job when we needed it without any grumbling.
5) He plays endlessly with the boys and is their absolute hero.
6) He understands my need for me time.
7) He is totally silly and is kind of goofy- he makes me laugh all the time.
8) He can cook like a super star- I just need to figure out how to get him to do it more often!
9) He is a hopeless romantic.
10)His eyes.

I love you Jeremy and am SO blessed that you are mine. Happy Anniversary!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary! Lucky number 7! It's amazing that you have been friends so long.... wow! He was the "cool" senior when we were juniors and now he's your husband and a daddy! Congrats!

Shan said...

heather...that almost made me tear up...that was so beautiful. you guys are an awesome couple & i'm glad you guys had a great anniversary.
see you tonight. ~shan

Melanie said...

Congrats!! Isn't it great to have a man who loves you and your children endlessly?

King Family said...

Happy Aniversary!

Annie said...

Heather,
Seriously, I think I am in love with Jeremy now..Just kidding.. You are really blessed to have him, and to have had him for so long. I wish you many more years of love...
Annie
Crazy week at work Uh!

Nana said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Hope this next year is your best one yet.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! You, my dear, deserve the absolute best! And, I think you've found him. Love catching up with you on your blog...over the phone is impossible these days. Think of you often and wish we visited more than once every 2 years. Let make a date and keep it!
-Leila