Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day



What a nice, nice Mother's Day I had. It was simple and peaceful, just the way I like it! We celebrated with Jeremy's family on Thursday with dinner at the Yard House. The boys were so darn well behaved I hardly recognized them- a present in and of itself!
Friday Gavin's preschool class sang some cute mommy songs and we had a picnic lunch. Unfortunately I did not receive mom of the year status there. The note said "picnic lunch" and where I come from that means a brown bag- sandwich and chips kind of meal. Well apparently it actually means McDonald's. I was one of the only 2 moms who brought PB & J. But of course you are thinking that I have raised my son to be polite enough to excuse my misinterpretation. Uh no..... more like "Mom! How come I don't have an Iron Man happy meal? Everyone else got to have one!" Oh well- hey he was good the night before!
Sunday Jeremy actually had a weekend day off. He cooked a yummy breakfast and then took the boys outside while I sat in my jammies and read the ENTIRE paper. Even the parts I never read, like the classifieds. Just because I could! We ended with a delicious BBQ at my mom's. Beautiful weather, good food and family. It doesn't get better than that!

1 comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

I love the new back ground!!! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Mothers Day!!! You deserve it... You are a GREAT Momma!!