Saturday, July 12, 2008

What the heck????



If you've ever seen our older son Gavin's room you will know that it is pretty darn awesome (if I do say so myself). It is the perfect match of PBK and comfort. I loved decorating it in a beach theme (my favorite) and it is truly one of my favorite rooms in the house. From the super cool bunk beds to the white beadboard it is the perfect little boy room.
Then there is the room that belongs to my second child. I'm not sure what happened to my decorating gusto that I used to have but I am SO not interested in decorating anymore. Maybe I'm too tired or maybe we're too broke but poor Derek's room looks like we bought a big boy bed and threw it in a tiny baby nursery. Oh yeah- that's exactly what we did. So now that I'm on vacation I thought I would TRY to bring his room together (on a budget of course). So I bought these things called "wallies." They are repositionable stickers used for decorating and they only cost nine bucks. So I put them up the other day and they looked all right. Nothing great but anything was an improvement over what we had. Well this is what I walked into yesterday morning. The dumb thingys are falling off everywhere you look. (And no that colorful one is not supposed to be on the picture rail). I got out the directions and I didn't do anything wrong but they apparently don't like our textured walls too much. So there you have it. Derek now not only has barely any decor up in his room, but now he must watch out for falling stickers in the night. Nice....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok same thing happened to us. If you use a plastic putty knife and smooth it out about 2342378523895 times they will stay up. One didn't and I might have used a little tacky stuff to get it to work. :)

Shan said...

hey, i thought both of your boys rooms look great! what if you put a little flat thumbtack to make 'em stay up (that's me...if it doesn't work the way it's supposed to, just force it to!) :)

Annie said...

How funny, I was the exact opposite. Brady's room needs a major updating and Brookie's room is fabulous. Maybe it is because the girl stuff is so more up my alley.
note to self don't buy those thingys...
xoxoxox
annie

Tim and Lisa said...

Sorry to hear that your wallies didn't work!!! Makayla's ladybug wallies work great!! Keep trying, maybe get some wall paper paste to help them out a little!