Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Caped Crusaders






I hate Halloween. Always have. Even when Iwas a little girl I couldn't stand it. I feel bad about this so I tend to overcompensate for my kids. I don't want them to be a big scaredy cat like their mom so I go out of my way to make sure they have fun. Gavin had a parade at school followed by dinner at our house with homemade mac and cheese and dump cake. I love hosting our extended family and this turns a dreaded holiday into something I look forward to instead. Seriously, if you tried my mac and cheese you'd agree. Halloween is absolutely yummy!
We skipped the church "trunk-or-treat" this year and opted to do it the ol' fashioned way instead. Jeremy, Dino, Grandpa Rich and Grandpa Jerry took the boys and Macey around the neighborhood door to door. They had a ball. Of course it was not near as much candy but please.... it's still more than enough. I think their favorite part of the night though was answering our door and passing out candy. They would literally sit on the stairs in our entry waiting for the doorbell to ring. And if too much time passed they'd open the door and holler out to kids on the street! It really was too cute. Even I have to admit: it was a fun Halloween this year.
Added bonus Tim's wife Sarah went into labor after we went to bed last night. Stay tuned for details!

4 comments:

Annie said...

How cute..my kids were excited to open the door too. They do look adorable. Love the pics..Now, I am off to your other blog. Need to go to the store tomorrow... Love ya
annie

King Family said...

Ah. Sounds lime fun. The boys look so cute.

Shan said...

glad you guys had fun...we missed you guys this year! can't wait to hear more about the new baby! :)
~s

Tim and Lisa said...

Hunter loves tricker treating around our neighborhood too but I think he had more fun passing out the candy as well!!!!