Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Santa Fe




This past weekend my sister Devon and I took Derek on his first plane ride to visit our family in New Mexico. Our only little fiasco was when we missed the world's fastest preboarding and had to board a tiny airplane with a terrified and screaming Derek with a gazillion people behind us. And wouldn't you know as I was trying to install his carseat in a row with no leg room, my belt loop kept catching on the tray table behind me and pulling it down! I wanted to join Derek in his screaming. :)Luckily, the carseat got installed and a lollipop pacified Derek. He held my hand the entire flight. Other than that small blip, it was such a wonderful trip. All we did was eat, sleep and talk. It was my Nana's first time meeting Derek and it was so cute to hear him say her name. I wish we were still there. Thank you Uncle Lou, Aunt Fran & Nana for such a perfect weekend!
P.S. Derek was not scared at all on the way home..... I think his exact words at takeoff were "Weee" Thank God!

3 comments:

Annie said...

I have so been there. I feel for you. I am glad it was a great weekend.

King Family said...

I am so glad you had a gret weekend. Nana had to be so excited to meet Derek. Wow the snow there looks beautiful.

Tim and Lisa said...

We need to get the kids together when you're off!!! lets have some fun!