Monday, June 30, 2008

New Wheels


The Lexo died on me last week at the Tyler mall. I don't mean it had a flat tire either. I mean it will not be resurrected until we come up with four grand to redo the transmission. So what do we do? We bought a new car. Hey- we already had a babysitter lined up that night, and who knows when that would've happened again. So we dove in headfirst and bought a new Dodge Journey. We wanted something cheap with a third row backseat. To answer your questions: Yes, I know those are 22's (the black, round wheely things Mom) and yes I did ask the man if I could take them off to lower the price. (He said no. I told him they were a thug magnet but he didn't seem to care). Yes, we got the $2.99 gas guarantee, no I'm not exactly sure how it works yet. Yes, I am aware I broke Dave Ramsey's cardinal rule (Do not buy new cars). Unfortunately, I really, really, really like new cars. Sorry Dave. So there you have it.... it's cute isn't it???

4 comments:

King Family said...

LOVE IT! It is cute. Like the rims too!!!

Shan said...

very nice...the next time we buy a new car/SUV, we're definitely getting a 3rd row type too. and that gas deal is great! what is the gas mileage? i'm gonna check 'em out. :)

Casey Angulo said...

Awesome. They are offering such good specials on new cars right now. Let me know how the 2.99 gas thing works.

Tim and Lisa said...

What a cute car! I think you did good! Great on the $2.99 gas... I hope it doesn't go much higher or we are going to have to take a loan out to fill up the yukon! Yikes!