Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Moment of panic

So Gavin and I are in the car when he says, "Hey Mom. Remember when we saw that boy and he was on the bottom? And that girl and she was on the top. And they were moving up and down a lot. Huh Mom. Remember?"

Thus ensues a moment of panic. What the heck was on the TV last night? What did I expose my child too? Oh @#*&! How do I explain this one away? Why do these moments always happen on my watch? Jeremy never has to deal with this kind of stuff!

Then Gavin says, "Yeah, those monsters were crazy. That house has girl monsters and boy monsters. They move a lot." Now I remember. It was one of those blow up lawn decorations they have out for Halloween on a house we drove by. I know, I know. Get my mind out of the gutter. But can you blame me? What would YOU have thought if your child said the same thing?

4 comments:

Shan said...

that is so funny...totally something i could hear coming out of kaia's mouth (resulting in me having a blank stare on my face)...thank goodness for blow up monsters! :)

Devon said...

I am totally cracking up! I can so hear Gavin saying this and can imagine exactly the panic! Those naughty blow-up monsters! :)

Aya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aya said...

Heather:

Thanks for inviting me to your family blog! I almost did not recognize you and Jeremy in your costumes. I hate "dress up parties" also. I loved your comments on Gavin's observations. I was thinking "JEREMY"!!! The pic's of the kids at the "parking lot" pumpkin patch were great. The looked like they were having a good time.